B. Both of…/neither of…/either of…
When you use both/neither/either + of, you always need the…/these/those…/my/your/his/Tom’s… (etc). You cannot say ‘both of restaurant’. You have to say ‘both of the restaurant’. ‘both of those restaurant’ etc:
Khi bạn dùng both/neither/either + of. Bạn luôn luôn cần thêm the…/these/those…/my/your/his/Tom’s… (etc). Bạn không thể nói ‘both of restaurant’. Bạn phải nói ‘both of the restaurant’. ‘both of those restaurant’ etc:
– Both of these restaurant are very good.
– Neither of the restaurants we went to was (or were) expensive.
– I haven’t been to either of those restaurants. (= I haven’t been to on or the other)
You don’t need of after both. So you can say:
Bạn không cần thêm of sau both. Vì vậy bạn có thể nói:
– Both my parents are from London. or Both of my parents.
You can use both of/ neither/either of + us/you/them:
(talking to two people) Can either of you speak Spanish?
– I asked two people the way to the station but neither of them knew.
You must say ‘both of’ before us/you/them (of in necessary):
Bạn phải nói both of trước us/you/them (of in necessary):
– Both of us were very tired. (not ‘Both us were’…)
After neither of… a singular or a plural verb is possible:
Sau neither of.. động từ có thể chia ở số ít hay số nhiều đều được:
– Neither of the children wants (or want) to go to bed.